I really don't like driving. For the past eight years I've wanted a driver. (Maybe that's why moving to New York City was a lifelong dream…taxis!) But I don't live in New York, rather, classic suburbia where I have to drive everywhere. It sucks. Traffic, gas prices, car maintenance, people who don’t use their blinkers...it all sucks.
Luckily, I don’t have a long commute to work, but even though it’s short (about 15-20 minutes) I find my mind often wonders. Or a song on the radio will spark a thought or memory and really get me thinking. Sometimes I’ll just witness something totally random and want to share it with others. Making these observations somehow makes the drives a little more bearable and I’m happy to share my simple driving moments with you. Welcome to “Today When I Was Driving…..”
P.S. “I wanted to name this blog “Today While I Was Driving,” but that was already taken (damn).
No comments:
Post a Comment